1) Collect enough hair. If no head
hair, collect body hair. When collecting head hair
strands to fill the diameter of a
2) With shaved/short hair, locate
longest hair possible and make multiple cuts from
locations to produce sufficient
amount of hair needed.
3) DO NOT MIX head hair and body
hair together - ONLY COLLECT ONE OR THE OTHER.
4) YOU MUST state on the Chain of
Custody Form (STEP 2) if sample is head or body
5) The donor MUST initial the seal
(on the Hair Specimen Pouch) and sign the #2
Review Officer) copy of the Chain of